Join us on Twitter for quick
news reports, pics and videos.
Join us on Facebook for quick news reports, pics and videos
When - February 3, 2019
Where: Lisbon, Portugal at Estadio Jose Alvalade Time: 17:30 WEST
Potential Starting Line-Ups
- Benfica are undefeated in their last seven away games in all competitions against Sporting.
- Benfica have scored 119 all time goals against Sporting on the road, the most goals against that Sporting have suffered at home by one team.
- Benfica's Douglas and Sporting's Gelson Martins both finished with player ratings of 7.57 in last seasons encounter at Alvalade.
- The last time Sporting won at home against Benfica was in 2012 by score of 1-0.
- Sporting hold a slight edge all time at home against Benfica with a record of 32 wins, 21 draws and 31 losses.
- The clubs two home stadiums are a 36 minute (2.7km) walk from one another and a 7 minute car ride.
- Last season the clubs played to a 0-0 draw at the Jose Alvalade with Rui Patricio and Bruno Varela earning the clean sheets.
WRITTEN BY JORGE CORREIA
|Last 5 League Games at Jose Alvalade||Score||Date|
THE LATEST PORTUGUESE SOCCER NEWS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE